Protecting your privacy is important to Polydevs. This Privacy Statement explains our global practices regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal data, through the use of all of our websites, products and services.
Information you provide us:
We collect information that identifies you, including your name, surname, and contact information, such as your address, email address and telephone number, when you:
- Create an account
- Register a product
- Sign up for one of our events
- Contact us
We collect additional information to inform your specific use of our applications. This includes the name of your employer and your job title.
After you have created an account or registered for an application, we collect additional information, which may include:
- Your subscription plans and payment information
- Details about the applications that you purchased or have expressed interest in
- Your communication preferences
- Records of our interaction with you, where appropriate, such as service records, correspondence, details of complaints and their resolution
- Content you submitted to us, such as comments you posted in our forums
When you make purchases through our websites, we use payment processors and do not store credit card or other financial information (other than confirmation that payment in a certain amount has been made). We collect contact information from you that we pass through to the payment processor to facilitate the transaction. For more information you can contact our providers as set forth in their privacy notices.
Information we obtain from your use of our applications:
We collect information about the applications that you use and how you use them. We use this information to support our legitimate interest in improving your experience, and building better online and desktop applications.
This information includes:
- System Information and Usage Data
We collect device-specific information, like unique device identifiers, operating system, and the type of device you use.
We collect information about how you use our applications. This includes your product ID, license information, which applications you use and for how long, your city and country from your IP address, and information about your browser.
- Social Networking Data
We have pages on social networking platforms, such as Facebook or LinkedIn, where you can visit and communicate with us.
- Error data
We collect and track data on technical errors that may occur when you use our applications, if you choose to send the relevant report to us in each case. Before the report is sent to us, you will be told what information will be collected and how it will be sent to us.
- Automatic updates
We collect information that may identify you to your system administrator in connection with the automatic update process, to help your administrator determine what updates you need. This information includes your user login name, and your computer’s name or description.
Information we collect from other parties:
To help keep our databases current, and to provide you with more relevant content, experiences and offerings, we combine your personal data, as described above, with information from public sources and other companies (such as our channel partners [resellers], business contact databases, and enrichment service providers), in accordance with applicable law.
These sources can tell us about the company size and industry of our business customers and also help us maintain the accuracy of our databases.
We use your personal data mindfully, and in useful ways, including:
- To validate your identity, to the extent necessary to perform our contract with you
- To deliver you services, products, support, or information you have requested about your application, to the extent necessary to perform our contract with you
- To send you important information within the scope of our contract with you
- To send you other information you requested, like when someone has “liked” one of your posts, to the extent necessary to perform our contract with you
- To send you other special offers, promotions, newsletters, surveys, or other information that you have consented to receive, as long as you want them
- To support our legitimate interest in gaining a better understanding of our applications, so we can improve them and your experience
- To correct problems in our applications, as necessary to perform the contract we have with you
- To support our legitimate interest in making our ads more relevant to your interests
- To support our legitimate interest in using automated systems to analyze your data using machine learning and advanced analytics to improve our applications
- To pursue our legitimate interest in preventing and reducing fraud and software piracy
Unless otherwise indicated, there is no statutory or contractual requirement for you to provide this data. If you do not provide this data, we might not be able to provide our services to you.
To provide you the best services we can, we work with other service providers. These companies are located all over the world, and we require them to protect your privacy. They are not authorized by us to use your personal data for their own purposes. Our service providers include companies we use for:
- Social Media
- Market Research
- License Compliance
We may disclose your data in the following circumstances:
- When we have your consent to do so
- To our service providers for the purposes indicated in this Privacy Statement. We do not disclose your personal data to them for their own purposes.
- To our channel partners (resellers), who are not service providers, for the purposes indicated in this Privacy Statement
- When we are required to do so by law, such as to respond to a subpoena or a court order
- When we have a good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or respond to fraud or software piracy, defend ourselves against attacks, or protect the rights, property, and safety of Polydevs, our customers, and the public
- If we merge with another company, or if we sell or reorganize part of, or all of our business, assets, or stock (including, if we file for bankruptcy). If this happens, your data will likely be transferred to the other company.
- When the data can no longer identify you. This can happen through aggregation, where your data is combined with other data to become a statistic.
We use a combination of reasonable physical, administrative, and technological controls to protect your data from unauthorized access or malicious actions
We limit the access employees, contractors, and agents of Polydevs have to your personal data to those who need to know this data to perform their assigned functions and develop or improve our products and services.
We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to provide you with the applications you are using, and as needed to comply with our legal obligations.
If and when the way we treat your personal data changes, we will make sure to let you know by updating this Privacy Statement. When we change it, we will make it clear at the top of our Privacy Statement, and we will tell you when we last updated it. If we have your email address, we will also send you a notice by email regarding the update.
For further information regarding the processing of your personal data and your rights, please contact us by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. If you are not satisfied with the way we handled your request, you have the right to request the restriction of our use of your personal data and lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority responsible for the protection of personal data in your country of residence.